Need To Investment In Ancillary Service Centers
Considering 16620 Kms Iran roads as freeways and highways, given the establishment of each en-route welfare service areas at a distance of 50 kilometers from another on both sides, 665 en-route welfare service areas in relevant corridors are required.
On the other hand, the number of required en-route welfare service areas in local and major roads (68114 Kms), given the establishment of each en-route welfare service areas at a distance of 50 kilometers from another, regardless of each side, will be estimated 1362 ones.
According abovementioned points, at least 2027 en-route welfare service areas are required by the road users that concerning the operative ones as well as under construction ones, over 800 service areas will be required along Iran roads .
The en-route welfare service areas are realized to :
- comfort drivers and passengers
- prevent distribution of service units along the roads
- reduce traffic accidents and improve road safety factor
- reduce traffic disruption
- smooth traffic as well as creating centralized management
- oversight monitoring the outcome of en-route welfare service areas
The current status of en-route welfare service areas in the country are:
|No.||The status of principal agreement||Amount|
|3||In the process of inquiry||543|
Operating en-route service centers in Iran road network is presented in the map below:
The procedure for Private sector participation in construction respectively is:
- Investor's request to the provincial department of transport and terminals together with further visiting the provincial committee of location allocating for the case finalizing.
- Project approval in provincial committee of principal agreement.
- Obtaining principal agreement by the investor.
- Obtaining legal inquiries from relevant departments including water management, electricity management,, national company of oil products distribution and land affairs.
- Providing location and executive maps.
- Reviewing and verification of layout plans by the provincial department.
- Starting construction works in accordance with approved plans.
- Providing scheduled construction and operating table of physical progresses.Completion of construction process and issuing operating license.
Road Maintenance & Transportations Organization’s aid policies for building new service centers:
- Budget allocating for construction of access roads to en-route service centers by RMTO (excl. freeways)
- Installing traffic signs and informing en-route service centers and Tir parks along the roads by RMTO.
- Exemption of en-route service centers from paying land use change.
- Allocation and assignment of national land and natural resources to the applicants of constructing en-route service centers, incorporating principal agreements from RMTO according to the regulations of quorum of transferrable lands to various activities outside the city and village suburb and village.
- Inclusion of en-route service centers in the tax exemptions mentioned in article 31 of the law of Removing barriers to competition and improving Iran financial system.
Having signed with the governorates to facilitate and accelerate inquiry respond to constructors of en-route service centers and Tir Parks through required lobbies with relevant stakeholders.
Having signed with the National Iranian oil product distribution company to collaborate in the scope of issuing permission of fuel stations within en-route service centers.
Having signed with public land affairs organization for land acquisition and allocating natural resources and facilitating and accelerating due commissions for en-route service centers.